The work in Accounts Section may be broadly divided into the following categories :-
- Preparation of compilation schedules from Punching Medium and supporting vouchers in respect of Remittance heads.
- Maintenance of Debt Head Registers.
- Settlement of transactions under the Defence Proforma Accounting procedure.
- Reconciliation of the balances as per monthly statement of closing balances of R.B.I. with the balances worked out in the books of the PCsDA/CsDA.
- Watching clearance of the outstandings in respect of suspense heads under the Defence Proforma Account "Remittance into Banks/Treasuries", "Cheques and Bills, Pay Accounts Offices Electronic Advices”, "Reserve Bank Suspense Classified/ unclassified / Public Sector Bank Suspense etc."
- Accounting and adjustment of transactions relating to D.A.D. Receipts and Expenditure.
- Adjustment of Defence transaction arising in England and adjustable in India and payments in India on behalf of U.K. Govt. by the Defence Accounts Officers.
- Processing of transactions relating to Exchange Accounts between Controllers of Defence Accounts.
- Preparation and submission of Budget Estimates for which Defence Accounts Department is responsible.
- Watching progress of expenditure against allotments in respect of Locally Controlled Heads, and rendition of monthly statements of expenditure to the local controlling authorities and checking of budget estimates received from them.
- Banking of regimental funds.
- Appropriation Reports.
- Review of compilation.
- Maintenance of Defence Ledger.
- Preparation of Review of Balances in respect of Defence and D.A.D.
- Preparation of annual statement of expenditure under Head "2049- Interest on other obligations".
- Checking of Journal Entries for updating ledger balances.
- Maintenance of accounts in respect of Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.